Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Matipwilli, Tanzania: A friendly visitor...

We’ve got two days off now and today we have planned for a day safari and a night safari around the camp. Two things I’ve learnt are from both these trips are:

1) Always have your camera in your hand turned on at all times and...

2) Twelve people being driven around in two Land Rovers with spot lights doesn’t really help coax the wild life out.

That being said I did see some cool animals. The colobus monkeys were pretty rad, you should google them. They have totally white babies apparently. I guess it’s so you don’t lose them if you put them down. More importantly I saw this in my bed first thing before rolling over this morning. Yikes. Not only have I now got the ‘thousand yard stare’, I’ve also developed an OCD thing where everything gets banged, flipped and then looked inside 3 times…. EVERYTIME!!!

Matt Pettifer
DWC Participant
Tanzania, January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment