Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Matipwilli, Tanzania: A disagreement with the trailer

I got bitten by a crocodile!!!!!!!!

Actually, no I didn’t. But I did manage to injure myself today and I’m trying to pass it off as a crocodile bite. We were filling a hole in the road to the school with the dirt from the work site (nothing gets wasted here) and I had a disagreement with the trailer. The trailer won of course and for good measure scalped a good chunk of skin off the front of my shin. Ow!!!!!!!!! I was hoping we were going to deal with it Tanzanian bush style where we use ants to bite the wound shut and use bark from a tree and grasses to dress it. Apparently antiseptic cream, gauze and a bandage is way more effective!!! The trailer is in the background of the shot with me holding my trusty shovel. When we’ve we’ve finished the job me and my trusty shovel are gonna have words.

Matt Pettifer
DWC Participant
Tanzania, January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment